Rasberry sauce Ingredients
• 1 Tbsp water, plus 300ml
• 2 tsp sugar-free maple syrup
Coconut crepes Ingredients
• 150g (1 cup) plain ﬂour
• 300ml light coconut milk
• 2 Tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
1. Set aside 6 raspberries. Combine corn ﬂour add one tablespoon water in a small bowl. Place 300ml water in saucepan and stir in cornﬂour paste. Heat, stirring, over medium heat until sauce thickens. Add remaining raspberries and cook gently, mashing berries to a pulp. Strain through a sieve into a bowl to remove seed, pushing through as much mixture as you can. Quarter reserved raspberries and add to sauce along with maple syrup.
2. To make crepes, tip ﬂour into a large jug then beat in eggs, coconut milk, water and one tablespoon of toasted coconut to make batter the consistency of double cream. Thin with a little more water if it is too thick. Brush a small non-stick frying pan with a little oil. Pour in a little batter, swirling pan so it completely covers the base. Leave to set over heat for 1 minute. Carefully ﬂip over and cook the other side for a few seconds more. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter until you have at least 12 crepes. Stir batter to redistribute to coconut as you use it.
3. Serve 2 crepes per person with a drizzle of the sauce and a little of the remaining toasted desiccated coconut.
Disclaimer: The opinions posted within this blog are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, others employed by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or the organisations with which the network is affiliated. The author takes full responsibility for his opinions and does not hold Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or any third party responsible for anything in the posted content. The author freely admits that his views may not be the same as those of his colleagues, or third parties associated with the Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network.