Plan Ahead When Looking to Buy Property
Buying a home or an investment property is a huge commitment and sufficient planning is needed to reduce the level of stress along the way. Thinking in advance about the lifestyle you lead and the amenities you require to lead a fulfilling life at a new residence would be beneficial.
If you like to cook, you’ll want a great kitchen. If you are a green thumb, you’ll want a decent backyard. Perhaps your family owns several cars and so you will need a spacious garage and additional car spaces. You may want a home office to work from. There are many important factors to consider when buying a new home and it makes sense to consider this now, and for further down the track.
The process of buying a house or an investment property is made simpler with professional help from Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate. Once you have an idea of which factors will contribute to finding your ideal property, our experienced real estate agents can help you find the right match.
We can assist with all property types including apartments, houses, townhouses, semi-detached homes, acreage, lifestyle properties, an investment or somewhere to holiday or retire. Contact your local Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate branch today.
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate experts can help you:
- Learn about local schools, hospitals, shopping facilities and more in a neighbourhood you’re interested in
- Navigate the complex planning involved in buying and selling a property simultaneously
- Purchase a second home, holiday house or retirement home (in addition to your first property)
- By offering trustworthy advice backed up by years of professional experience
- Navigate through purchasing your first home by giving you the support to cut expenditure, reduce interest and build your equity
- Prepare when buying an investment property to ensure you maximise the return and yield on your purchase.
Click here to get help with finding the right loan for you.
Establish your budget
You might be wondering how much you can afford when you’re looking to buy a property. Establishing how much you can afford before you begin the search for your ideal property will allow you to avoid the disappointment of falling in love with a house that’s unobtainable.
By gaining pre-approval for a home loan, you can set out what you’re willing to spend and show potential sellers that you’re serious. Understanding how much you can afford is the first rule of home buying and that depends on your income and how much debt you may have.
At Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, we have thousands of qualified real estate agents who are ready to help you work out your budget, answer questions, give professional advice and handle much of the real estate transaction on your behalf.
If you’d like to know more about how we can take the stress out of buying a home or an investment property, contact your local Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate office now.