- Figure out who your audience is. Who do you want to target and what appeals most to them?
- Create an outline of the main points you want to communicate and develop a script. Stay focused on what you want to get across as your core message and try practicing a few times out loud before hitting record.
- Once you have your equipment, whether a camera or your phone, choose a location. Make sure your location is quiet and has adequate lighting. If you want to brighten things up, o-ring lights are cheap and provide great color. It’s also important that the background is not distracting to avoid pulling attention off you.
- Make sure you wear solid clothing with no patterns or distracting prints.
- Once you have recorded, it’s time to begin editing. The first 5 seconds of the video need to be strong to capture the viewer’s attention. Keep your total video under two minutes long and keep in mind shorter videos usually perform better. Don’t forget to include a CTA.
Now that you have the basics covered, you can start incorporating video into your online marketing plan. It’s a great way to engage with your audience, create a higher awareness and boost your lead generation efforts.
Disclaimer: The opinions posted within this blog are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, others employed by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or the organisations with which the network is affiliated. The author takes full responsibility for his opinions and does not hold Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or any third party responsible for anything in the posted content. The author freely admits that his views may not be the same as those of his colleagues, or third parties associated with the Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network.