Let the slow cooker do the work for you. – by Better Homes and Gardens
Lamb shanks are made for slow cooking. No other recipe heralds the start of winter like melt-in-your-mouth lamb braised in a red wine sauce served upon a cloud of mashed potato.
It might look like a sophisticated meal, but slow cooking lamb shanks is actually very easy – all it takes is to let the slow cooker do the work for you.
6 lamb shanks
410g canned tomatoes with tomato paste
250ml red wine
250ml chicken stock
½ cup caramelised onion relish, plus extra to serve
2 bunches Dutch carrots, trimmed
- Put all ingredients except carrots in the bowl of a 5.7L slow cooker.
- Stir to roughly mix together then place bowl in appliance.
- Cover with lid and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Remove lid and add carrots. Cover with lid and cook on high for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from appliance, remove lid and season to taste. Serve with extra tomato chutney and your side dish of choice, whether it be mashed potato, potato bake, steamed beans or the best ever green vegetable bake.
Disclaimer: The opinions posted within this blog are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, others employed by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or the organisations with which the network is affiliated. The author takes full responsibility for his opinions and does not hold Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or any third party responsible for anything in the posted content. The author freely admits that his views may not be the same as those of his colleagues, or third parties associated with the Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network.