- 500g dried penne pasta
- 500g tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1½ cups cooked lamb, shredded (or try pork or beef)
- ½ cup caramelised onion relish
- ½ cup cooked peas
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 60g salami or ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn mozzarella or coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C fan-forced (200 degrees C conventional)
- Cook penne according to the package directions, drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add pasta sauce, lamb, relish, peas and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture is hot. Season, then add to pasta. Toss well to coat. Spoon mixture into six 1½-cup capacity ovenproof dishes.
- Scatter with salami or ham, then mozzarella or cheddar. Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted. Garnish with basil, season with pepper and service.
Disclaimer: The opinions posted within this blog are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, others employed by Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or the organisations with which the network is affiliated. The author takes full responsibility for his opinions and does not hold Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate or any third party responsible for anything in the posted content. The author freely admits that his views may not be the same as those of his colleagues, or third parties associated with the Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate network.